Family Relations is the vital connection between the university and the families of our students. Family Relations works with families to provide the very best education for our students -- from orientation through graduation, both in and out of the classroom.
Families are our valued partners in ensuring a positive educational experience. In collaboration with our colleagues throughout the university, Family Relations supports families’ unique goals and values while promoting students’ academic achievement, personal growth, and lifelong fulfillment.
Together, we make the Virginia Tech journey one that prepares students for rich and rewarding lives.
The Family Relations staff assists families by --
- Serving as a central resource for current information.
- Supporting and enhancing family involvement in the educational experience.
- Communicating regularly with parents and families and providing avenues for dialogue.
- Educating parents and families about issues college students face.
- Contributing to student retention and success by actively engaging parents and families as part of the larger university community.
- Providing information about the transitions students and their families face, and the role they can play in creating positive opportunities.
- Working with New Student Programs to welcome new students and their families into the Hokie Nation.